Saturday, August 12, 2006

A time with God's words, a time with my sisters, and a time @ Zouk...





As you can see from my title, I had a busy yet happy day today! :)

First, I woke up to stone for like 15 minutes before my day starts. Well, I know this is a bad habit...yet don't you feel happy at times when you actually have the time just to sit at one place and do nothing about it? Maybe this is a way to de-stress for people in the busy society these days...haha...or simply named it 'Christine's way of relaxation'?!

From hall, I proceed to Raffles Place TCC where I had my bible study with Shuhui. This is the second time we had our lesson at TCC and I guess it's time for us to look for somewhere new. The reason being: the food, drink and the sofa are so great at TCC that we can go bankrupt if we continue to have our session there! Oh gosh...I really cannot afford such lifestyle nowadays! :P

Today, we learn about the 9 gifts from God and the 9 fruits that we have to work for. Gifts from God are like presents under the Christmas tree which we naturally received them. All we need to do now is to discover these gifts that we have from Him and bless the people around us! Never doubt yourself that you do not have any gifts from God because He is impartial and He loves every single one of us. So never doubt about yourself being incomplete and not worthy of His love! :)

As for the fruits, we will need to put in time and labour to harvest them. These 9 fruits are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, faithfulness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control. I know all along I have been lacking of the fruit of self-control as I am a person who can be easily tempted. Till now, I am still working hard for it. Yet, sometimes I am quite happy that I feel I have most of the fruits now ever since I come back to church to praise and worship Him. If you know me last time, I am a person who is short-tempered. Somehow, I start to learn how to cope with situations that may anger me these days. Sometimes, you just need to know when to give in to people to avoid conflicts. So pretty happy that I am able to sit down to listen to people without feeling any frustration or impatience at all...haha...

After my bible study, I rushed down to City Hall to meet my 'long lost' sisters: Huilin, Caiying and Yanning. The four of us used to be so close last time that we often share our own stories of our lives whenever we met. But life gets so busy nowadays that we hardly see each other and I would say we no longer feel as close anymore...kinda sad about it though. That's also the period of time when the four of us backslided too. Huilin says I am always the stronger one among them. She's glad to see that I am strong in Him again. Yes...now that I've come back to Him, I guess I wish I can bring my sisters back to Him too and all of us can rejoice in Him again...maybe this will be my goal for the time being... :)

We celebrated Huilin's birthday at Changing Appetite. Oh this will be a restaurant I would recommend to go to as its food is great and the price is reasonable. Great drinks they have there! After dinner, we went to Esplanade to wait to watch the fireworks. This is a festival that is held every year around the National Day period where fireworks will be displayed every night as a part of the National Day Celebration. This year, the festival is held over 4 days and each day is organised by different countries. The fireworks are really spectacular, especially some of them actually explode right on the surface of the water...very unique way of lighting the fireworks and the show is very beautiful indeed. Guys, if you have girlfriends, you definitely should bring them to watch the fireworks as it would be so romantic and they will be crazy for you; Girls, if you have boyfriends, you really should drag them to watch and enjoy a romantic starry night for the two of you. Haha...

Unfortunately I cannot stay too long with my sisters as I am having my hall bash at Zouk later. So immediately when the fireworks have ended (the show takes about 15 minutes), I hitched a cab down to Zouk. Well, getting a cab at Esplanade tonight was definitely a mistake as the traffic was super jammed. I had to take a bus down to Dhouby Ghaut and called a cab there. With some misunderstanding and miscommunications, I had a little problem of getting into the club. Luckily, Alvin is around to help me. All thanks to Alvin for his kindness for allowing me to go in. I feel I am such a trouble for him and really wonder why I had agreed to come in the first place.

Seriously, if it is not for my friends, I wouldn't want to go clubbing at all nowadays. It's probably I am getting old or I lose interest in these kind of stuffs, I find clubbing is a waste of time and money. One, you don't really get to sit down as there are very LIMITED seats around. Two, it is super noisy and you can't possibly shout into your friend's ears every time you speak. Three, the entry tickets are expensive and you can only treat yourself to one or two glasses of drinks from a limited range (otherwise you need to pay extra for the drinks). And at the end of the day, you will feel yourself smell like a chimney (maybe Santa Claus would smell much better than you...). I didn't drink much alcohol as I found myself as quite a lousy drinker nowadays, more of trying to get myself off the alcohol session as I believe they are bad for the souls. You must always remember the more you drink, the more sober you will get...

We didn't stay long (only went to Phuture to dance for 5 minutes) and we left the place and headed back to Ah Fang (a coffeshope near NTU that sells prata overnight) to have our supper. But the prata today is quite disappointing, not the usual standard that I would have expected from them. Soon after the supper, we were all quite tired and headed back to our own rooms to have our rests.

And that marks the end of my eventful Friday...God bless to everyone! :P

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

No comments: