Friday, August 11, 2006

A night in God's love...


Thursday night is always reserved for the fellowship with my cell group members. As usual, we hanged around catching up with one another about their events for the week. But today we are celebrating Christabelle's birthday. Brian and Daphne gathered our cards that we had prepared for her and compiled it in a small little booklet...how lovely! :)

The message for today's cell group was on "Prayers' desire of Jesus", which mainly about God's love and how God's response, Jesus's response and our response to this great love. The word "love" in Hebrew is agape, which means unconditional love. God's love is always complete and impartial. When you feel God's love fully, there will no longer be hatre and bitterness in your heart. You can always find peace and happiness through His great love.

I love tonight's meeting as we sang a Chinese song during praise and worship. It was a song that I used to sing back in All Saint Church. Somehow I couldn't help to think back times that I had back in my old church...kinda miss all my friends and the leaders who had helped me along the way. Yet I love where I am now, and I know there's no way of turning back because I know this is a better place for my spiritual growth. I have never felt so strong for my religion for over the past 20 years of my life and with such great passion as well. Praise to the Lord!

At the end of the cell group, we sang the birthday song for Belle and gave her a bag as present...just nice for her school! How thoughtful of Shuhui and Daph to give such wonderful ideas! Sometimes I really thank God for allowing me to know this bunch of people in E240. I have only arrived here like 3 months ago but I feel like I have known them for quite some time. You will never feel alone with all these people around you...love them! :p

Below is the lyrics for the song "When You Say Nothing At All" by Ronan Keating. I don't know why but the song just struck in my head when Sis Jaz told us that tonight's message is all about God's love. Maybe it hits me on God's love that have shown on me, my friends and His love through my friends who are around me.

I guess sometimes you will meet people whom you can clique on so well with that you can talk about anything and everything. But after some time, the friendship seems to fade away because you two will appear to have known each other so well that there is nothing else to share with. You know sometimes I do feel this way with my closest friends too. But then, do you feel that when you are with your best friend, even just sitting side by side without talking, you feel so relax and happy? If you have ever met someone whom know how you feel and what you are thinking of even before you say anything, you will understand what this song is all about. Thank God for these wonderful friends! :)


When You Say Nothing At All by Ronan Keating

It's amazing
How you can speak right to my heart
Without saying a word
You can light up the dark
Try as I may I could never explain
What I hear when
You don't say a thing

The smile on your face
Let me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes
Saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says
You'll catch me whenever I fall
You say it best
When you say nothing at all

All day long
I can hear people talking out loud
But when you hold me near
You drown out the crowd
Try as they may
They can never define
What's been said
Between your heart and mine

The smile on your face
Let me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes
Saying you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says
You'll catch me whenever I fall
You say it best
When you say nothing at all

2 comments:

BigCats said...

Yea Christine, good to see ur blog. Beware now yea coz many of us from E240 will be reading! haha, joking yo. Hmm, ur presence in CG has been a great uplift to us becoz u have added tat extra joy & enthusiasm tat E240 used to lack. Keep seeking & u shall find ur answers.

27hcram said...

Thank you guys!:) I am really glad to have come and know you all. Without you I guess my life will be as dull and boring and meaningless as it is...really love all of you...thanks for being my sunshine!