Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Check your eye solution!

Juz watched on the news juz now that the company AMO is recalling for Complete MoisturePLUS solutions due to bacterial contamination found in the solution. And this is the brand that I have been using for more than a year now!!! *shudder* :S

It really scares me for a while coz my eyes are pretty itchy lately and there are a few times they get swollen. Thank God that the product codes found on the solutions that I bought are not in the list among those that need to be recalled. But then...this experience already give me a scare and I guess I will change for a new solution from now onwards. And I will probably have to throw away the bottle of half-used solution that I had left now...just to be safe.

Those who used this solution for your contact lens cleaning, you might want to read more about this news and check your own bottles too, coz although most of the contaminated products are sold in US, according to the news Singapore has about 15, 000 of these recalled solutions too. Here's the link:
"Advanced Medical Optics Announces Voluntary Recall of 18 Lots of Complete(R) MoisturePLUS(TM) Contact Lens Care Products Distributed and Sold in the U.S."
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=131956&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=933555&highlight=
"Always remember to clean your contact lens well...and better be safe than be sorry."

No comments: