Sunday, November 12, 2006

More on Holy Spirits + Disappoinment vs Crankiness :P

Make it juz in time for the service this morning only as I slept late again. Juz manage to pass the exam goodies to Joanne & Belle, and the DVD to Shuhui...then the service started. Rev Dr Ulf Ekman was preaching again today and he continued to preach on yesterday message about the Holy Spirits. Either I am tired or the message he preached is slightly harder to comprehend than that of yesterday, I need to take some time to think about what he says before I can absorb the meaning behind it.

A few more things I learn about the Holy Spirit today is that we must remember that the origins of the power and strength that we received are marked by the Holy Spirits (Zechariah 4:6). We CANNOT build our life on the money or the materials from this world BUT on the spirits that live in us. And this does not mean that we need to reject any money or financial blessing that we will receive as money is useful...it can help us to build a greater church! :)


When we make decisions that are pleasing to God, there will be peace in our hearts that will pass all understanding. There are 5 things that the Holy Spirit can do on us:

  1. Spontaneous move
  2. Great love for God - people find simplicity in freedom and new love for God
  3. New hunger after scripture - ignite the spiritual fire in your heart to go after His words
  4. New love for brothers & sisters
  5. Reconciling work in the body of Christ - Spirit of power = Spirit of unity/love (Roman 5:5)

One thing I realise about Rev Ulf's sermon is that there is nothing much you can make note from his message. You need to listen attentively and analysize what he says from there. You should be able to understand and learn immediately from him after the service. This is quite the OPPOSITE of Dr A. R. Bernard's sermons. A. R. Bernard's sermons are the ones where you will tested on your writing speed: You need to take down as fast and as much as possible from what he preaches and analysize on your way back home after the service. The things he says is very deep and it is difficult to understand immediately. Sometimes, you may not even know what you are taking down but you just got to take down all the notes possible. But both of them are really great preachers and really learn lots from them. :) Hahaha...so I guess I am ready for their sermons again next time rounds...yeah...lol

After the service, Jazlyn called to see us to reaffirm our pledge for the building fund. For mine, it seems that I have stressed myself too much over the amount le. She is right...this is my first building fund and there are still 3 more to go...I should leave allowance now and to raise the amount next time round when I am probably started working for my own pay. And once again, I was reminded of my countenance during service again...hahaha...do I really look that cold and fierce when I don't smile? Hahaha...oopsy...paiseh lo...I will try to smile more la...if not can someone lend me a red lip liner to draw an U-curve on my face?! :P

As usual, I went to have lunch with the others (Shuhui, Deanna and Joanne) after the service. Somehow, I feel super disappointed when my friend called me that she cannot go for the Phantom of the Opera. Because of that, I didn't buy the ticket (today is the last day of the 10% discount) and I am not going anymore. No point in going alone right? Most of my friends are not willing to pay for that price to watch the musical...feeling quite sad about it...haiz... *sobz* :(

But I realise my disppointment was soon covered by my crankiness. Oh well, is this me or is this crankiness got to do with the disappointment that I felt for not being able to attend the musical that I longed for such a long time?! I have no idea... *shrug* :S Having to do much thinking about it, I decided I should not feel depress over such minor stuffs...and I treated myself for a small cup of Venezia dark chocolate ice cream before I headed back to hostel. Hahaha...nothing will cheer me up more than a good scoop of ice cream manz...yummilicious! :D So now you know how to cheer me up...haha...guess I am too easy to be pleased hor? :P

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." ~ Colossians 3:12-14

2 comments:

Gaynor said...

My lovely little sis in Singapore, Wow! Maybe God is preparing you to be a theologian. What a blog. You GO girl!! I am so proud of you. Who need to go to Church when you have Christine to write out the sermon for you (only joking - we need fellowship!!). Don't be too cranky. Try to get some good nights sleep - just for me. Your big sister in Germany, Gaynor xx

27hcram said...

Hahaha...thanks lots for your encouragement...I need that manz...haha...lol I will and hope you enjoy in Germany too...may there be a chance I can come and visit you one day...*wink* :)