Sunday, November 19, 2006

Walking down the path to freedom at last... :)

Today service was another day that I learn something out of it. It talked about faith. Pastor Kong used the story of the 10 men who are healed from leprosy (Luke 17:11-19) to illustrate on God had healed us through our faith. Jesus asked these ten men to show themselves to the priests in the churches in order to be healed.
To many of us, if Jesus asked us to go to the churches then and show ourselves to the priests, we would certainly feel there is no big deal about this. But to these ten men with leprosy, this is a very tough task for them as they are forbidded to have any contact with anyone, being quarantine to their own compound and wait to die.
Going to show themselves with leprosy is the worst thing to happen because the priests at that time act like our police force nowadays, catching on such people who may spread their disease to the rest of the people around them. Hence, when Jesus asked them to show themselves to the priest, it is really a matter of great faith that they have on Jesus and believing in him as the messiah to save them.
So what happen to the ten men with leprosy? Well, I guess some of you would have guessed by now that they are healed indeed (or else pastor would not used this as an illustration on faith...hahaha...lol) Their faith for Jesus to be the messiah they are waiting for had saved and healed them from their contagious disease. :)
We must know that the devil always attacked us at our own image, reinforcing doubt in our mind that we cannot do this and that, let us have doubt on our capabilities to achieve great success ourselves. If any of you have this feeling, well here's what I learn today to rebuke on that:
"What you act upon, you will reinforce it."
Simply said, if you act upon worry, you will reinforce worry; if you act upon faith, you will reinforce faith. If you keep thinking you are a failure, you will be SURE to live a life in failures. Hence friends, that is why God wants us to renew our minds again and again everyday.
Don't wait for things to come...go and create your own future. There is a reason for Jesus to ask the men with leprosy to "go and show themselves to the priests". Jesus is trying to tell us that we should always turn to our churches and pastors and cell group leaders for help when we are in trouble. The house of God is always the place where we will be healed and our church leaders are the God's servants who we should seek for help and guidance.
There are times we might be disappointed by them if they seemed like they couldn't help us, but then, no one is perfect ya?! At least, even if they didn't help, I believe they have already provided us with many good advices that will help us get another step closer to God. :)
To end it off, trust God for guidance and believe in Him that he will healed us from all pains. We should not always just wait for things to drop on us too...this is not the way God wants us to get help from him. If we need help, just go and look for him and do according to what he told us to do...and to believe if him.

"Far Away" - Nickelback

This time, This place
Misused, Mistakes
Too long, Too late
Who was I to make you wait
Just one chance
Just one breath
Just in case there's just one left
'Cause you know,
you know, you know
That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me
and you'll never go
Stop breathing if
I don't see you anymore
On my knees, I'll ask
Last chance for one last dance
'Cause with you, I'd withstand
All of hell to hold your hand
I'd give it all
I'd give for us
Give anything but I won't give up
'Cause you know,
you know, you know
So far away
Been far away for far too long
So far away
Been far away for far too long
But you know, you know, you know
I wanted
I wanted you to stay
'Cause I needed
I need to hear you say
That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I forgive you
For being away for far too long
So keep breathing
'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore
Believe it
Hold on to me and, never let me go
Keep breathing
'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore
Believe it
Hold on to me and, never let me go
Keep breathing
Hold on to me and, never let me go
Keep breathing
Hold on to me and, never let me go
"Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it -- he will be blessed in what he does."
~ James 1:23-25

No comments: